Services not covered by OHIP
The Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP) pays for medically necessary services provided to patients seen in the office. You may require some services that are not insured by OHIP – these are considered Uninsured Services. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- travel advice and travel immunization
- telephone or faxed prescription renewals at the request of a patient
- telephone consultation – phone advice from a physician at the request of a patient to discuss symptoms or concerns, request advice, or seek treatment
- missed/cancelled appointments – appointments which are missed or not cancelled with 24 hours notice
- transfer of records at the request of a patient
- drivers physicals
- employment physicals
- children’s camp physicals
- removal of some moles/cysts
- completion of forms including sick notes and certificates
- medical-legal correspondence
There are two ways which you may wish to address these fees. The first option is that you consider paying an annual fee, often referred to as "block fee", to cover uninsured services for one year. This method appears to be preferred by many of our patients. For those who choose not to accept the annual coverage program, the second option is to pay for individual services at the time the service is provided.
If you are financially unable to pay for an uninsured service you may request the fee exemption. We realize that there are special circumstances.
PRESCRIPTION REFILL REQUEST POLICY FOR OUR OFFICE
Please be advised: there is a charge to authorize prescriptions by either phone or fax. Please note that this charge will also apply to auto-faxed requests generated by your pharmacy. If you wish your pharmacy not to auto-fax prescriptions, you must inform them.
For any questions, comments or concerns please email:firstname.lastname@example.org
The schedule of fees for uninsured services is set by the Ontario Medical Association. For your convenience, services not covered by OHIP can be paid for by cash, VISA, American Express or VISA.